Jump to main content
In a Hurry? Request a quote for any of our products with this Quick Quote form.
8100IS Series Intrinsically Safe weighing indicator
The 8100IS Series is a basic five-button indicator designed for use in hazardous locations — ideal for manufacturing processes where equipment is exposed to flammable gases; flammable or combustible liquid-produced vapors; combustible dusts or ignitable fibers; or flyings.
The 8100IS is extremely versatile for a range of environments and weighing demands, from on-site testing where portable battery-powered equipment is needed to large manufacturing facilities with permanent AC installation. Specific applications and environments include fuel refineries, machinery maintenance, chemical plants, chemical storage, distilleries, and textile manufacturing.
Key performance features include:
UL Intrinsically Safe (IS) Certified in all Classes, Divisions, and Groups in accordance with U.S. UL and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and with CAN Standards. The indicator is also certified IP6X against hazardous dust and fine particles that can ignite.
Two power options: AC line power for permanent installation in the safe or hazardous area, and high-performance external rechargeable battery pack that can be easily removed for recharging in the safe area. For continuous battery power, maintaining multiple batteries allows for fast swapping in/out.
304 Stainless steel construction — ideal for heavy washdown and resistance to many chemicals and corrosion.
8100IS operational features include:
- Five-button user interface — Zero, Units, Print, Tare, and Gross/Net function.
- Backlit display for readability in all lighting conditions.
- Responsive user interface that is easy to operate, even when wearing gloves.
- Fiber optic interface to safe area RS-232 printers or data collection software.
- Four Units of Measure: scroll to use scale in LB, KG, OZ or G mode.
- Two remote switch outputs.
- Use with up to four 350-ohm load cells, ideal for interface with IS certified floor scales or tank and hopper scales.
Precision engineering and built in the USA. We applied our 40 years of engineering experience to meet all the functional and operational needs of our IS customers — and designed the IS line of indicators and options to deliver maximum performance at an outstanding value.